Companies vary widely in their need and understanding of SharePoint services. With all of the various languages, frameworks, object models, and tools to build scalable distributed web applications on the SharePoint 2010 development platform, it could be hard to know where to start. While most people who visit our site may know what SharePoint is, and are familiar with our products and services. I think there may be people out there who may still be new to SharePoint and not know what IncWorx has to offer. If that’s you, here’s a snapshot.
Fun Tid Bits about SharePoint:
SharePoint comprises a multipurpose set of Web technologies backed by a common technical infrastructure. By default, SharePoint has a Microsoft Office-like interface, and it is closely integrated with the Office suite. The web tools are designed to be usable by non-technical users. SharePoint can be used to provide intranet portals, document & file management, collaboration, social networks, extranets, websites, enterprise search, and business intelligence. It also has system integration, process integration, and workflow automation capabilities.
- SharePoint is written in .net, which is a development tool.
- It is a platform in which to configure and build on.
- Sequel (SQL) – is the database for SharePoint/UI that it pulls from.
- History - The first product was developed by Microsoft in 1998, in 2001 it became SharePoint, and in 2007 SharePoint became a product focusing on collaboration. In 2008, the Gartner Group put SharePoint in the "leaders" quadrant in three of its Magic Quadrants (for search, portals, and enterprise content management). SharePoint is used by 78% of Fortune 500 companies.
- Current versions are 2010 and 2013.
Since it's development SharePoint has grown to become a good resource tool for many companies.
IncWorx SharePoint Products:
- Brandit – This is the tool that we developed to make SharePoint more user friendly. It’s a comprehensive user interface and user experience solution for SharePoint 2010 that allows companies to completely transform their intranet in just a few hours.
- Routeit – RouteIt provides customizable rule-based routing capabilities for lists and document libraries. All SharePoint 2010 on-premise versions are supported: Foundation, Standard, and Enterprise.
IncWorx SharePoint Services:
- Staff Augmentation
- SDPS Vouchers - SharePoint Deployment Planning Services
- Microsoft Gold Partner - The Best of the Best
- Microsoft 2010 SharePoint Partner of the year award – Specifically in Deployment and Planning services
- Over 50% of our clients ask us to become their technology "trusted advisor"
- Named IT vendor of the year or preferred vendor by over 15 clients in 2012
- National customer satisfaction score ranking in the 99th percentile in the country for all partners
- Earned competencies for SharePoint, custom and mobility solutions
- Considered by Microsoft to be one of the foremost leaders in SharePoint
For more information on IncWorx, our products and services go to www.Incworx.com or contact us at 847 839-9679. We’ll be happy to hear from you!